December 2019 we were given the opportunity to take part in the Uxbridge Christmas Market. A local Flower Stall owner who organised the market wanted the Chalets to be run by local businesses and offered us the Chalet free of charge (rental is £3500).
We ran the chalet every day for 6 weeks and had the enormous task of recruiting volunteers to fill 378 shifts! It was important that the chalet was open every day and I am proud to say we achieved this! The response from the community was incredible. We achieved:
- Gave out over 2000 Shop leaflets.
- Recruited 346 volunteers. This included our Corporate Partners, churches, Students, families, members of the community and Staff members.
- Collected donations for the local FoodBank and children toys for local families in partnership with London Borough of Hillingdon (many comments from the public saying ‘Trinity is a generous charity by supporting other charities and not just in it for themselves’)
- Made 10 new corporate contacts which is already proving beneficial.
- GiffGaff deigned a t-shirt free of charge which we were able to sell at the Chalet.
- Raised £5348 in cash donations.
- We had a celebrity, Alex Horne (Task Master), agree to become a Patron and he visited the Chalet too.
- Montage designed the signs which gave us a very professional and festive look! We can use them again this year.
Wellbeing Training Courses – Social Enterprise
We are setting up this creative funding stream to replace the funds generated from The Big SleepOut. CNOOC (formally Nexen who funded Yeading Street Market and the refurbishment of the Cedars) has invited Trinity to apply for £50k to provide seed funding for this project.
Sue brings a wealth of formal Qualifications and experience to effectively deliver the following courses to the community:
Mental Health First Aid - £300 per person
2 Day Course Accredited by Mental Health England
Introduction to NLP Coaching - £300 per person
This 2 day course is very popular with Managers and Leaders of organisations. However, it’s equally beneficial to individual staff who want a different approach to work relationships and life.
Wellbeing Mind-set - £150 per person
This one day workshop is for anyone who wants to manage pressure effectively in themselves and others.
Full costings will be presented at the next meeting when we will know the outcome of the funding application.
SHOC Quiz – 8th February 2020
SHOC Golf Day – 15th May 2020
New T-Shirts - £15 (to be sold via Social Media, Website and EBay)